Friday 19 June 2015

Yay Friday!

I'm so excited it's Friday!  This weekend is going to be busy but I am looking forward to it!!

Saturday is STAGETTE NIGHT! whoohoooo! Not for me, obviously, but for my lovely cousin who will soon be a Mrs!  I am a bridesmaid and we have planned a night she will hopefully never forget.  There is some secret stuff going down, so I can't share all, but we are going to start the day off with paint balling....ouch??  Then later we are going to the bar ....in mint green TUTUS.!  Yup, tutus. I love my cousin very much and although I am over 30, married and have a kid, I will sport the tutu to the bar.  Just for her. I can't even remember the last time I went to a bar/night club.  I feel old. :(  Anyways, it's going to be a fun day/night and I will post pics of us gals in our attire.

Sunday is Father's Day :)  I am feeling kinda bummed because I know with the stagette being the night before, I'm not going to be on my A game on Sunday.  On Mother's Day and Father's Day we usually give each other the weekend off to do whatever we want.  Lay in bed all day, go out for brunch, etc., but my poor husband, who is the most amazing father gets maybe half a day .... I intend to make it up to him some way, some how.  I know Father's Day, just like Mother's Day is different for everyone...for some its a sad day, and I think about those I know (and don't know) who would give anything just to see their Dad one last time.  So, I think its important to celebrate and show appreciation, not just one day of the year, but as much as you can because who knows what the future holds.  I may be a wreck on Sunday, but I'm determined to give my husband a good Father's Day because he deserves it.  My Dad will be coming to visit at the end of June, so we will be able to celebrate Father's Day with him then!

As for tonight, we are kicking off the weekend with a very casual, laid back gathering with some people my husband works with.  They are coming over after work and I am making cheese trays with some salami, and sausages. Some mini Cuban sandwiches, Greek salad, and a bunch of finger type foods to snack on.  I'm just looking forward to the cheese and wine. Gotta start the weekend off right!



Cuban sliders:
houseofyum.com


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend with friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment