Monday 22 June 2015

Back to Reality

I can't believe the weekend is over already!  The Stagette was super fun and even though I had the start of a cold, I really enjoyed having some girl time and getting a break from "mommy mode".  I think it is important to have that much needed break once in awhile.  Even if there is some guilt.


Now back to reality today.   It was a little hard to get going this morning, being sick, but it is nice to get back into our routine.  I strongly believe having a routine with children is beneficial as they know what to expect daily.  My son knows that after breakfast he gets dressed and ready for the day.  After lunch it is nap time.  After supper, we spend time together as a family and then its bath (every 2nd night), jammies, story and bed time.  I've had him on a routine since he was a baby.  I don't like calling it a schedule, as I flex on times but its our general routine that keeps both of us happy.  It was a little more structured when he was younger but now we have some days where we stray a bit from our daily routine.  If we are out all day he may miss out on nap time but for the most part, our routine is consistent.  I truly believe that this way of parenting, for us, has kept us all happy.  He has only had one, yes one, meltdown in a store in his 2 years.  

Everyone has their own style of parenting but I thought I'd share mine only because it has been successful for us as a family.  I read the Babywise books when I was pregnant and I never looked back.  
Hope you have a great start to the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment