Sunday 12 July 2015

Summer Reads

I love finding a new book to read that I can't put down and keeps me interested.  Anything chick lit is my favourite and I like reading a book when I can somehow relate to the main character.  I love the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella and all her other stand alone novels such as Remember Me, and I've Got Your Number.  She also writes under the pseudonym Madeleine Wickham, however, I can't say I enjoy those novels as much as the others.  

     

I also really enjoyed the novels by Emily Giffin, Marian Keyes, and Jane Green.  I just picked up a new Jane Green book at Costco to read on our Mexican vacation which is coming up quick!! (yay!!) I was having no luck finding a book that I wanted to take on holiday but then I found this one.


I have read other fiction novels, The Girl on The Train by Paula Hawkins, which I REALLY enjoyed.  I did not want to put it down and when it ended, I was kinda sad. I also read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and that was a really good one too.  When I finished it, I purchased the other two Gillian Flynn novels, Dark Places and Sharp Objects.  I started Dark Places and got about half way and I just couldn't finish it.  It was too intense and kind of disturbing for me.  Then I started Sharp Objects and I am on page 12 or so, and I'm not sure if I want to continue.  I'm feeling like I want to be reading a chick lit again and so I decided to wait and start my new Jane Green once our holiday starts.  I don't have much time now anyways to do much reading.  Although it is nice reading right before bed, lately, I just want to close my eyes and zonk out.

There is something about curling up on a comfy couch or sitting in a coffee shop or even just sitting out on the back deck with a good read and a yummy coffee.  Perfection.  

No comments:

Post a Comment