Monday 6 July 2015

Favourite Nail Polish

It's Monday night and I'm watching the Bachelorette, doing my nails and drinking a glass of wine. :)

My favourite nail polish right now is the Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy.


I like it for several reasons:
  • It doesn't take very long to dry between coats, about 5 mins per coat.
  • The color is vibrant and shiny.
  • You only need two coats of color then one coat of the topcoat - simple.
  • It is extremely easy to remove.
  • It lasts about 6 days on my nails.
Most nail polish will last about 2 days for me. MAX.  My hands are abused daily with cleaning, pulling weeds, constant hand washing, etc, so to have a nail polish that will last around 6 days (depending on how hard I am on my hands those days) is great.  It is so frustrating to take the time to do your nails only to have them start to chip the next day.  Hate that. Hate chipped nails.  I believe you can tell a lot about someone just by looking at their nails...and shoes, but that is a whole different kind of post ;) The other choice is to get gel nails, which I try to avoid.  It lasts a long time but it is so difficult to remove and my nails always feel so brittle after removing the gel polish.  I can get it done professionally, but for me, manicures are a treat and not a regular thing as the cost can add up, and I would rather spend my money on new beauty products or clothes.  Not to mention, if I can do it myself, why pay someone else to do it?   Unless of course, I need to unwind and have some "me time".  That is simply my opinion.  

So back to the Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy nail polish, I discovered it about a month ago and I only purchased three colors and the necessary topcoat.  I will definitely be purchasing more colors, and I highly recommend this nail polish.

#540 Checkmate
Happy painting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment